19/11/2013

Ngosa Chungu on why you should donate to Zambia’s untold stories video campaign

What do you currently do?
I am the founder and Producer at Purple Tembo Media. I am currently overseeing two projects: a documentary film on the Zambian National Team, the Chipolopolo’s football history, endorsed by the Football Association of Zambia, and producing and presenting this docuseries on Zambia that we are campaigning for. I am also a managing partner at Digital Cascade, a multimedia creative collaboration. I media consult for events and conferences as well.

How did you get involved in the Lusaka Markets Video project?
Purple Tembo sponsors Startup Hour, a monthly happy hour networking event for entrepreneurs hosted by Startup Junction at Smugglers Inn. I was there representing the company when I met Joe and Julia Brown, founders of the Best of Zambia. One thing led to another and we figured out that we could collaborate on this project. They had the idea of crowdfunding for the first video so we can then set ourselves up to make a whole docuseries. I have the production and presenting skills to help actualise this vision.

Why did you agree to be involved in this video project?
I had been involved in something similar, but did not have the creative freedom to be able to do what I really wanted to document our beautiful country, its people, culture, natural beauty and business environment. I also was not satisfied by the way it was packaged. My work aired on local TV channels and though I asked for it to be available online, as people in the diaspora expressed interest, my request was denied. Video is such a powerful way of telling stories, and giving people a clear idea of what something is like, and Zambia desperately needs more content about it that is easily accessible online.

How have you contributed to the project so far?
My company has coordinated production: found the production crew to film and edit the fundraising video, written the script used and coordinated Barefeet’s involvement. I myself presented in the fundraising video. You can view the video here:

No comments:

Post a Comment